Sustainability and environmental policy for Charles Hope
Charles Hope is committed to reducing our environmental footprint across our property portfolio. We have been striving for ways to reduce our waste and carbon emissions since we began operating. We have implemented many methods across our operations to do; these include but are not limited to the following:
- Recycling – Each of our sites has either recycling facilities on site or waste removal services contracted to remove all recyclable waste.
- Renewable energy – We have transferred all our energy supply services to providers committed to green energy.
- Plastic Waste – Before the pandemic, we only used refillable toiletry and cleaning supply dispensers to reduce the potential for single-use plastic waste. We are currently phasing our existing stock and returning to our refill stations. Don’t worry we still recycle the single-use items while running the stock out!
- Low-Energy Lights - We use low-energy LED lights throughout all our properties and offices,
What you can do to help:
We’ve compiled a list of a few things you can do to help reduce your own waste, whether on holiday or at home.
- Keep all lights off when you’re not using them
- Turn off all appliances when not using them
- Unplug all phone and device chargers when not using them
- Close windows when using the heating
- Only use heating when at the property
- Shower time - showers use a third less water than a bath
- Separate all recyclables into the correct waste receptacles